APC 11: advancing the UK’s low carbon automotive capability
Fund Name: advancing the UK's low carbon automotive capability
Project Length: 18 and 42 months
Project Value: Share of £20m
APC 11 is seeking proposals for collaborative R&D projects that demonstrate the development of on-vehicle technologies for on or off-road vehicles. These must accelerate the development of low and zero emission technology.
The project must be focused on one or more of the following technology areas:
- alternative propulsion systems
- electric machines and power electronics
- energy storage and energy management
- lightweight vehicle and powertrain structures
- thermal propulsion systems
For this competition, APC is particularly looking for projects that support the UK’s long-term capabilities and supply chain in the design, build and manufacture of zero-emission vehicles. This includes technologies such as motors, batteries, power electronics, hybridisation and alternative propulsion systems. Projects must help make those capabilities a permanent part of the UK supply chain.
Your application must:
- have a proven technology idea that is both technically viable and production ready at the end of the project.
demonstrate a clear route to market, alongside a consortium able to deliver this
- demonstrate the economic benefits of the project, such as new and safe-guarded jobs, new business activity or an expansion of products and services
- demonstrate that the primary application of the project is for the automotive industry and the majority of the technologies are proven in a vehicle representative environment
- show how the project will support upskilling and knowledge sharing in the UK
- show that the project delivers additional impact beyond what would be achieved in business as usual
- show what would happen to the project if funding is not successful and why the specific amount of funding is needed
- demonstrate how UK plc will benefit from any intellectual property generated by the project
Total eligible project costs can range from £5 million to £40 million. The project can last between 18 and 42 months.
To be eligible for funding:
- you must have an active business base within the UK
- your project must be collaborative and business led
- the lead participant must be a grant recipient
- your consortium must include a vehicle manufacturer or tier 1 supplier who supplies parts directly to an original equipment manufacturer
- your consortium must include a small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
Get in Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds