Innovate UK Audience of the future: demonstrators
Fund Name: Audience of the future
Project Length: Projects must start by November 1st 2018 and end by December 31st 2020
Project Value: Share of 16M
This competition aims to explore future global, mass market, commercial opportunities in the creative industries. Primarily this will be through pre-commercial collaboration at scale.
Your project must demonstrate it can significantly advance the current state of the art in its chosen field. It must reach demanding audience targets, deal with current and future rights issues, and avoid excessive audience acquisition costs. To do this your proposal must include access to or use of globally recognised IP, or partnership with a rights holder or cultural brand.
Your demonstrator must also:
- develop new immersive experiences at a large scale, achieving a public audience across the project of more than 100,000
- demonstrate a high level of ambition, innovation and scale, with the goal of transforming the sector
bring together creativity, technology, human-centred design and data analysis in order to innovate creatively and technologically
- generate audience, consumer and user insights that can be used to test the viability of new revenue streams and business models
- demonstrate scalability and the potential to be exploited and replicated across the creative, cultural, live events and entertainment industries
We define immersive experiences as multisensory narrative or interactive experiences mediated through technologies including:
- virtual, mixed and augmented reality (VR, AR, MR)
- advanced visualisation
- other sensory interfaces
Innovate UK have identified 4 themes with significant disruptive, creative and commercial opportunities to grow new audiences through immersive technologies. This will help grow the UK’s creative industries.
1. Moving image, including film, TV, games and interactive media.
2. Sports entertainment, which is access to live sporting events by remote audiences.
3. Visitor experience, such as museums, galleries, exhibitions and visitor attractions.
4. Performance, including theatre, music and live entertainment.
We expect your project’s total costs to be between £5 million and £10 million unless there are greater levels of business contribution. Projects must start by November 1 2018 and end by December 31 2020.
To be eligible for funding you must:
- be a UK-registered business
- carry out your project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results in or from the UK
- work in collaboration with others (businesses, research base or third sector)
- Collaborations must include at least one SME.
Get in Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for Innovate UK Audience of the Future: demonstrators fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds