Innovate UK Open Call
Fund Name: Open Call
Project Length: 6 - 36 months
Project Value: Share of £20M
Innovate UK Open Call
Projects should aim to lead to new products, processes or services (or novel use of existing ones) believed to be significantly ahead of anything similar available in the field. Proposals can come from any technology (including arts, design, media or creative industries) and any part of the economy.
Innovate UK Open Call projects must focus on commercialisation, growth or scale up as soon as possible following completion. Priority is given to proposals likely to lead to growth, gains in productivity and/or access to new overseas markets through export.
To be eligible for funding you must:
- be a UK based business of any size
- carry out your project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results in or from the UK
- work alone or in collaboration with others (businesses, research base or third sector)
The government has launched an ambitious Industrial Strategy. The strategy sets out a long-term vision for how Britain can build on its economic strengths, address its productivity performance, embrace technological change and boost the earning power of people across the UK. Successful applicants can attract grant funding towards their eligible project costs. If the project is collaborative, at least one other organisation in the consortium must also claim funding.
Funding and project details
For feasibility studies (which may include market research) and industrial research, you could get up to:
- 70% of your eligible project costs if you are a small business
- 60% if you are a medium-sized business
- 50% if you are a large business
For experimental development projects which are nearer to market, you could get up to:
- 45% of your eligible project costs if you are a small business
- 35% if you are a medium-sized business
- 25% if you are a large business
Total eligible project costs must be within the following ranges:
- project duration between 6 to 18 months: total costs must be between £25,000 and £500,000. May be either single company or collaborative
- project duration between 19 to 36 months: total costs must be between £25,000 and £2,000,000. Must also be collaborative (cannot be a single company)
All projects must include at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME).
Get in Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for Innovate UK Open Call, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds