Innovate UK Wireless electric vehicle charging for commercial users: feasibility studies
Fund Name: Wireless electric vehicle charging for commercial users: feasibility studies
Project Length: Up to 3 months
Project Value: Dependent on project costs
The aim of this competition is to support new integrated technologies and infrastructure solutions. These will allow commercial and service vehicles in towns and cities to top up their EV batteries throughout the day without having to stop work to plug in and charge.
Your proposal must demonstrate commercially feasible business models and solutions that minimise business disruptions to charge taxis, service and commercial electric vehicles.
Phase 1 and phase 2 projects must be based around a demonstration of viable static or semi-dynamic wireless EV charging solutions for taxis and commercial vehicles and show real-world benefits. These must:
- be clearly tested
- have a scalable business model and a route to market
- where possible, provide evidence of insights into the behaviours of EV users and all road users
For example, your project could demonstrate wireless charging for taxis at locations such as train stations and airports. For commercial vehicles, this could be at major depots, hubs or delivery bays.
In this phase 1 competition, your proposal must be for a feasibility study to analyse wireless EV charging infrastructure placement, costs, use cases and viable business models.
If you are successful in this competition you will be able to apply to phase 2 to create large scale infrastructure and technology demonstrators on publicly or privately owned roads and transportation or logistics hubs. Trials need to be statistically relevant, and last up to 12 months.
The total funding we are providing is:
- up to £600,000 for phase 1 feasibility studies
- up to £19.4 million for phase 2 demonstrators
To be eligible for funding you must:
- be a UK based business, academic organisation, charity, public sector organisation or research and technology organisation (RTO)
- carry out your project work in the UK, unless a strong case is made to do otherwise
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- work in collaboration with other businesses, research organisations or third-sector organisations
Get in Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds