Regulator’s Pioneer Fund
Fund Name: Regulator's Pioneer Fund
Project Length: 6-18 months
Project Value: Share of £10M
Innovate UK as part of UK Research and Innovation want the RPF to promote cutting-edge regulatory practices to make the UK the world’s most innovative economy.
UKRI are looking for ideas that either:
- enable major improvements in a particular sector
- or bring multiple regulators together to explore ‘cross-cutting’ issues of mutual interest
- help businesses bring innovative products and services to market and demonstrate evidence of demand for change
- align to the Industrial Strategy ‘Grand Challenges’ or otherwise support the Industrial Strategy ambition for the UK to be the world’s most innovative economy.
- demonstrate value for money and include matched funding if possible
- be collaborative and bring together multiple bodies to address ‘cross-cutting’ issues that affect several regulators
- show potential for lasting benefits beyond the duration of the project with plans to scale up and spread best practice
- have clear plans for monitoring and evaluation, with adequate data capture and review systems
- provide the administering body with full access to data on the impact of new approaches, to capture best practice
- have approval from BEIS if you want to publicise, carry out promotional activities or disseminate information in relation to the Regulator’s Pioneer Fund
Your project’s total grant funding can be up to £1 million. Projects must start by October 2018, end by April 2020 and can last between 6 and 18 months.
To be eligible for funding you must be a body which:
- exercises a ‘regulatory function’, as defined in the Legislative and Regulatory Reform Act
- performs a regulatory function across Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, England or the whole UK
- is subject to Managing Public Money requirements, or is able to demonstrate compliance with Managing Public Money principles with respect to any funding received through the Regulators’ Pioneer Fund
- regulates businesses (not just individuals)
Get in Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds