- Role: HR / People Manager
- Salary: £25,000-£35,000 based on experience
- Position: Part-time (17.5hrs a week) to Full Time (35hrs a week), dependant on the person
- Location: Office-based or remote (Initial minimum requirement of 2 days in the office per month during onboarding)
- Progression: Technical specialism and/or management progression opportunities for the right candidate
We are looking for someone with a passion for supporting people, able to lead our Human Resource activities and bring fresh ideas for how to get the best out of our awesome team.
A new role for the company, a suitable candidate is someone who has experience in managing company compliance/best-practice, and also has a mind for supporting employee development, and a positive culture. This role will be key for our continued growth plans, advising the senior team and being integral to staff attraction and retention.
We are Granted Consultancy, we secure the power of non-dilutive funding for innovative organisations that are motivated to drive business, people and the world forwards.
Founded in 2010, we have created a team of experts and partners that understand the technicalities of a project and are dedicated to the task at hand. We know what it takes to be successful, securing funding, such as grants or R&D tax credits, and then guiding, advising and supporting you throughout the journey. Working with us provides our clients the freedom to focus on their innovation and to fulfil their full potential.
We are looking for someone who…
- Is a great team player with experience of handling HR activities (incl. compliance, professional development, and employee onboarding)
- Has initiative, drive and determination to get the job done, with the ability and confidence to hit the ground running
- Is a HR professional who is comfortable working at pace to support our Managers in delivering employee development – supporting and challenging our Managers to create the best employee experience and organisational performance.
- Has excellent relationship building skills, the ability to understand business context, flexibility and desire to provide pragmatic people related solutions
- Has extensive experience in dealing with people processes, technical know-how and the ability to deliver a high performance culture
- Has a passion for developing Learning and Development approaches
- Is ideally CIPD qualified (Lvl.3+, or working towards this) or have equivalent strong HR experience and have gained valuable work experience
- Is kind and has a good sense of humour, why come to work if it’s not fun?
Your main responsibilities will be…
- Ensure company compliance with statutory regulations, legislation, professional codes of practice and adherence to policy
- Provide professional HR services to the team, including advice and support as required
- Own the company’s performance review process and development of professional development plans – ensuring continuous development is maintained to the required standards
- Keep up to date with current and emerging legislation, best practice and policy to ensure continuous compliance, development and improvement
- Line management responsibility for our Training Coordinator
- Own key HR/People tools and supporting software
- Support company recruitment, potentially including sourcing candidates, arranging interviews, supporting managers during the interview process
- Promote a culture that is supportive of the purpose, aims and values of the company, and to take reasonable steps to maintain good employee relations
- Act as a champion of the People function, aiding all aspects of the organisation through advising, educating, and supporting knowledge transfer to enable the organisation to maximise performance.
- Develop and manage policies and contribute to the company’s strategic plan by developing initiatives alongside the senior team
Preferably you will have the following experience
- Professional competence / expertise in Human Resource Management
- Working knowledge of legislation
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Good communication skills both written and verbal to include report writing, presentation and influencing skills
- Problem solving
- Able to work with teams across an organisation to improve Learning and Development
- Committed to high standards of performance and quality
- Expereince managing recruitment processes
- Good IT proficiency
- CIPD qualified (Lvl.3+, or working towards this) or have equivalent strong HR experience and have gained valuable work experience
- Planning and delivering professional development programmes
- Working in a matrix environment where cross-team / cross-company working is required
- Experience working with HR software applications, in particular Access/PeopleHR
What we offer…
Salary: £25,000-£35,000 based on experience
Position: Part-time (17.5hrs a week) to Full Time (35hrs a week)
Location: Office-based or remote (Initial minimum requirement of 2 days in the office per month during onboarding)
Holiday: 20 days annual holiday plus public holidays, plus an additional 1 day off for your birthday and no holiday used towards Christmas break
Tech: Laptop provided
Support: Spectrum Life, 24/7 access to unlimited mental health and wellbeing supports, including a personal Mental Health Coach and open-ended therapy, at the touch of a button