Agri-tech Catalyst round 8: agriculture and food systems innovation
Fund Name: agriculture and food systems innovation
Project Length: Up to 18 months
Project Value: Up to £3m
The aim of this competition is to increase the pace of development and scale of uptake of agricultural and food systems technology and innovation in Africa by:
- other food systems actors such as manufacturers, processors, retailers, distributors and wholesalers
The Agri-tech Catalyst will take innovative ideas from any sector or discipline. Ideas must show the potential to have a positive impact on poverty through the uptake of agricultural and food systems technology and innovation. The scope of the Catalyst includes:
- primary crop and livestock production, including aquaculture
- non-food uses of crops, excluding ornamentals
- challenges in food processing, distribution or storage, and value addition (such as through a change in the physical state or form of the product)
- improving the availability and accessibility of safe, healthy and nutritious foods
Activities carried out in the UK must be clearly relevant to delivering impact in a developing country. Any benefits to the UK must be secondary in nature and result from delivering the primary benefit. Your proposal must clearly demonstrate the ways it will impact in developing countries.
If your project will support crop breeding it must have clear potential for impact at scale, in more than one country.
Your project’s total eligible costs must be between:
- £100,000 and £500,000 for early stage feasibility studies
- £250,000 and £1 million for mid stage industrial research
- £150,000 and £800,000 for late stage experimental development
Projects must start by 1 November 2019.
Early stage feasibility studies must last between 12 and 18 months. Mid stage industrial research can last up to 3 years. Late stage experimental development can last up to 18 months.
All projects must:
- be collaborative
- include a partner from an eligible African country from the list
- include a technical lead from any country
- include a UK-based administrative lead
- implement significant activity in the eligible African country
- include at least one business
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds