APC 16: developing the UK’s low carbon automotive capability
Fund Name: APC 16
Project Length: 18-42 months
Project Value: Between £5m and £40m and be 50% match funded
The aim of this competition is to seek proposals for collaborative R&D projects. These must demonstrate the development of on-vehicle technologies, (including material, product and manufacturing processes) for on or off-road vehicles.
APC is particularly looking for projects that support the UK’s long-term supply chain, associated capabilities and growth aspirations. This includes improving productivity and competitiveness in the design, build and manufacture of vehicles that are capable of low and zero tailpipe emissions. Including:
- power electronics
- alternative propulsion systems
Your project must support the growth of these technologies, creating more jobs and capability throughout the UK supply chain.
Your application should demonstrate a positive impact on the UK economy. This can include projects that will make a major investment in:
- creating new supply chains supporting the transition to electrification and zero emission vehicles
- adding resilience to existing supply chains under a variety of circumstances (where applicable) such as low, medium, high production, niche, off highway, commercial or volume passenger vehicles
- the delivery of a UK centric high value manufacturing and sourcing footprint
- lowering the overall cost of goods sold to customers
- joining together (simplifying) less productive or mature elements of existing UK supply chain, leading to business efficiencies and helping to reduce uncertainty and risk
- attracting new companies not traditionally delivering products, services or skills in automotive into the sector
- risk screening and due diligence to identify risks in the proposed supply chain developments
- improving the manufacturing readiness level (MRL) of your technology
Your project can either focus directly on improving the MRL, or it can create manufacturing processes or supply chain enhancements that will lead to an improved MRL.
Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £5 million and £40 million and be 50% match funded.
Projects can last between 18 and 42 months.
To lead a project you must:
- have an active registered business base in the UK
- be a grant recipient
- involve at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- include, as part of your consortium, a vehicle manufacturer or tier 1 supplier who supplies parts directly to an original equipment manufacturer
- collaborate with others
- carry out the work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
Get in touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds