Application of whole genome sequencing approaches to cancer
Fund Name: Application of whole genome sequencing approaches to cancer
Project Length: 6-18 months
Project Value: £50k - £100k
The aim is to encourage the development of new approaches to targeted therapy based on the molecular signatures of cancers. Your project can develop new analytical methods or validate new targets using new and existing genomic data from cancers.
Your project must work with whole genome sequence data. This can be through the manipulation of existing whole genome data, through the collection of other whole genome sequences or through both of these. Possible approaches include but are not limited to:
- the development of new analytical or reporting tools for clinical decision support
- the identification of molecular signatures that allow for new or improved targeting of therapies
- the identification of new therapeutic targets
- new genetic signatures that can be used clinically, such as markers that support repurposing of drugs or a personalised approach to patient management
- the comparative assessment of alternative assay methods in parallel with whole genome sequencing
Feasibility projects must have total eligible costs between £50,000 and £100,000. Industrial research and experimental development projects must have total eligible costs of between £100,000 and £1 million.
Your project can focus on one or more of the following, or on other suitable themes:
- improving the diagnosis and prognosis of cancer and the selection of therapies
- the analysis of complex molecular signatures, including copy number variants, structural changes and tumour heterogeneity
- supporting the identification of tumours of unknown primary origin
- further analysis of existing whole-genome sequence data held by Genomics England
To lead a project or work alone you must:
- be a UK registered SME for feasibility studies
- be a UK registered business, of any size, or a research and technology organisation (RTO) for collaborative research and development (R&D)
- involve at least one SME
Academic institutions cannot lead or work alone.
Get in touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds