BEIS Energy Entrepreneurs fund
Fund Name: Energy Entrepreneurs fund
Project Length: All grant will end no later 31st March 2021
Project Value: Up to £1M
The objective of the Energy Entrepreneurs Fund (EEF) is to support, through capital grants, the development and demonstration of innovative technologies and/or processes in the areas of energy efficiency, power generation, and heat and energy storage. The scheme particularly aims to assist small and medium sized enterprises, including start-ups. Those companies that are selected will receive additional funding for incubation support.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate a robust evidence-based case for funding, which will include but not be limited to:
• the potential impact of the innovation on 2050 low carbon targets or security of energy supply
• the technical viability of their innovation and a coherent development plan that will commercially progress the innovation
• value for money, including cost reduction potential
• the size and nature of the business opportunity
Up to £1m of the £10m, available grant funding will be ring-fenced for smaller projects with a total value up to £250,000. The remaining funding will be used to fund projects with a total value greater than £250,000.
The scheme is also open to:
• all SMEs (including Small Enterprises who do not qualify above)
• other private sector organisations irrespective of size 9
• collaborative proposals
• ‘research and knowledge-dissemination organisations’ as defined by the EU (such as Universities and Public Sector Research organisations). It is expected that these will be part of a collaborative proposal, preferably with an SME partner.
• The project’s activities must largely be conducted in the UK.
• The project is at Technology Readiness Level
• The project must fit within one of the technology areas
• All grant will end no later 31st March 2021. All work carried out under the grant must be completed by this date. BEIS will be not meet claims for any work carried out on or after 1st April 2021.
Get in Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds