BEIS: Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator
Fund Name: Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator
Project Length: -
Project Value: Up to £1m
The IEEA is a funding programme designed to support partnerships between developers of energy efficient technologies and industrial companies willing to test technologies on-site. The programme is open to projects from all UK industry sectors that can demonstrate either a novel technology (targeting Technology Readiness Level 5-8), or the use of an established technology in a novel way.
The intention of the programme is to help developers and industrial partners to overcome the barriers to demonstration of potentially viable projects, predominantly through the provision of funding.
Industrial companies with UK sites, technology developers, equipment suppliers, UK universities and research institutes, or joint consortia may apply for a grant. Technology developers and industrial companies will need to apply to the competition with a combined submission (this can be more than two parties). It is possible for a company to apply individually; however, it is anticipated that most of the projects will be delivered through a partnership.
The application process is currently open and runs until 31st August 2018. It seeks to engage with technology developers looking to demonstrate near-commercial innovations and access incubation support.
Projects from all industrial and manufacturing sectors will be considered so long as:
• The technology is novel2
• The project aims to use commercial technology in a novel way2
• The result of the project will be a reduction in (or avoidance of) energy use and/carbon emissions
Other key requirements for eligibility:
• Co-financing must have been secured (which can include in-kind contributions4)
• There is strong energy and CO2 reduction potential
• Project must have an agreed demonstration site in the UK (but the industrial company could be headquartered elsewhere)
• All parties must accept BEIS’ Terms & Conditions (PDF)
• The project demonstrates value for money
• A deliverable of the scheme will be the public release of a case study for each project – you will need to ensure that all parties agree to providing project information (e.g. performance data and deployment success / failure)
Get in Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds