Biomedical catalyst 2021: early and late stage awards
Fund Name: Biomedical catalyst 2021: early and late stage awards
Project Length: between 12 months and 36 months
Project Value: between £250,000 and £4 million
The aim of this early and late-stage competition is to enable businesses to create a data package that can support the further development of their products.
Your project can address:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease, leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
Your project must focus on the development of a product or process that is an innovative solution to a defined health or care challenge.
The project can include:
- experimental evaluation (at laboratory scale)
- use of in vitro and in vivo models to evaluate proof of concept or safety
- exploring potential production mechanisms
- product development planning
- intellectual property protection
- demonstrating of clinical utility and effectiveness
- demonstrating of safety and efficacy (including phase 1 and 2 clinical trials)
- regulatory planning
The aim of an early-stage award is to create a data package that is sufficient to support the testing of your product or process in a clinical setting or other relevant environment.
The late-stage award is designed to test a well-developed concept and show its effectiveness in a clinical setting or other relevant environment.
Your project must build on prior credible research on a product prototype or process. This is likely to have included a demonstration or validation in an appropriate model system.
Your project can focus on any health and care sector or discipline. We particularly welcome applications that support innovation in the following areas:
- child health technologies
- innovations that support clinical trials in the UK
- biomedical innovations that combat the threat of antimicrobial resistance
Your project can align with one or more of the following:
- medical technologies and devices
- stratified healthcare
- advanced therapies (gene and cell therapies)
- digital health
- drug discovery
This list is not intended to be exhaustive.
Your project must:
- have total eligible costs between £250,000 and £4 million
- start from 1 April 2022
- last between 12 months and 36 months
To lead a project or work alone your organisation must:
- be a UK registered micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds