Commercialising Quantum Technologies: feasibility studies round 2
Fund Name: Commercialising Quantum Technologies: feasibility studies round 2
Project Length: 12-18 months
Project Value: £50k
The aim of the competition is to advance the commercialisation of quantum technologies in the UK. Your proposal must identify a clear market opportunity and an innovative project which exploits it.
The project must:
- study a commercial opportunity
- quantify performance objectives
- provide a roadmap of future exploitation
- exploit second generation quantum techniques
Second generation quantum technologies are defined as those involving the generation and coherent control of quantum states, resulting in phenomena such as superposition or entanglement. Innovate UK consider technologies involving single photon generation and quantum computing to be in scope.
You must describe how you will collect project metrics, including:
- investment in addition to the project partner matched funding
- additional capital investment aligned to or dependent on the project outcomes
Your project must address at least one of the following:
- Connectivity: techniques for securing data in storage and in flight.
- Situational Awareness: Autonomous systems. Sensors and detectors for the built environment, transport and infrastructure. Imaging and sensing “seeing things currently invisible”.
- Computing: Transformational computers for solving currently intractable problems.
Your project can focus on one or more of the following:
- involve consortia which span the supply chain of component suppliers, system integrators, and end user businesses
- focus on maximising UK return from the quantum technology research undertaken by the UK academic base
- bring significant new investment and businesses into the UK’s growing quantum technologies sector
- develop the quantum computing industry sector (hardware, components, simulators, algorithms and software) in the UK
Your project must:
- have total eligible costs up to £500,000 for feasibility studies
- have total eligible costs up to £50,000 for market research projects
- start by 1 February 2022
- end by 31 July 2023
- last from 12 to 18 months
To lead a project or work alone your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- involve an SME
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
Get in touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds