Cyber security academic start-up accelerator programme year 3 phase 1
Fund Name: Cyber security academic start-up accelerator programme year 3 phase 1
Project Length: Up to 4 months for phase 1
Project Value: Up to £800k
The aim of this competition is to identify the best commercial opportunities in academia in respect to cybersecurity. Your proposal should include the area of your research, the problem that you are solving and your proposed solution.
The aim of this competition is to identify the best commercial opportunities in academia in respect to cybersecurity. Your proposal must include:
- the area of your research
- the problem you are solving
- your proposed solution
- your initial market validation plan
We will only fund projects that:
- are cyber security-focused
- have a clear intention to commercialise
- are UK based
- have the support of your academic institution to commercialise
This is phase 1 of a 1-year programme and will last up to 4 months. Successful applicants will take part in a 2-month building value proposition activity, then present to an independent judging panel. The panel will decide which teams can continue to a 2-month market validation activity.
Phase 1 is to determine the value of the idea and, if appropriate, to identify the best commercial route to progress. The programme will be supported by industry experts, including those from cybersecurity.
Successful applicants will be invited to apply for phase 2 to build a minimal viable product.
To be eligible for funding you must:
- be based in a UK academic institution
- have a cybersecurity idea
- be interested in the commercialisation of your idea
- have the support of your academic institution’s technology transfer office or equivalent
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds