Detection and identification of illicit postal goods at UK borders: SBRI competition
Fund Name: Detection and identification of illicit postal goods at UK borders
Project Length: Up to 3 months
Project Value: Share of £250k
This competition asks organisations to develop innovative ideas for challenges specific to the postal and fast parcel environment.
Proposals must comply with both of our primary objectives:
- Improve our ability to detect illicit goods passing through postal and fast parcel facilities at the UK border.
- Have no effect on the flow of goods.
Your solution must address one or more of these ‘specific challenge’ areas, to develop a detection solution that is:
- more automated, to reduce physical intervention in the scanning process
- able to handle larger volumes, to increase how much we can scan in a given period
- flexible, so it is more dynamic and adaptable
In phase 1 we expect to fund up to 5 projects for up to 3 months from 12 April 2019. R&D projects can have total eligible costs of up to £50,000 each, including VAT.
To lead a project you can:
- be an organisation of any size
- work alone or with others from business, the research base or the third sector as subcontractors
There is up to £250,000 of funding available for phase 1. We expect to fund up to 5 projects. Your total eligible project costs can be up to £50,000 to research the technical feasibility of your product. This will be managed through a research and development (R&D) contract and will last no longer than 3 months.
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds