EUREKA collaborative R&D: photonics for advanced manufacturing
Fund Name: photonics for advanced manufacturing
Project Length: Up to 3 years
Project Value: Up to £2m
Innovate UK will fund projects in photonics for advanced, or ‘industrial’, manufacturing. Advanced manufacturing is commonly defined as the use and/or integration of innovative technologies in order to improve both products and processes.
Your project must aim to develop innovative products, technology-based applications and/or technology-based services with high market potential in the participating countries and/or throughout Europe.
This EUREKA competition specifically addresses photonic technologies in order to improve both products and processes.
Your collaborative R&D proposal must:
- address at least one of the photonic technologies and at least one of the industry sectors listed below
- focus on photonic technologies and their integration in specific manufacturing processes and/or products
- demonstrate the potential to significantly improve the related processes and/or products
Photonic technologies that are in scope include, but are not limited to:
- laser machining
- additive manufacturing
- selective laser sintering
- photonic curing
- optical process control
- process analytical technology (PAT)
- 3D optical sensing and imaging including spectral and hyperspectral imaging
- millimetre wave imaging and light detection and ranging (LIDAR) technologies
- photo-, stereo- or laser-based lithography
Industry sectors that are in scope include, but are not limited to:
- electronic and computer components
- electro-mechanical engineering
- transportation and automotive manufacturing, including for sport competition
- aviation or aerospace
- chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- food control industries
- safety and quality engineering
- manufacturing technologies
Innovate UK reserves the right to apply a ‘portfolio’ approach for the selection of projects in this competition.
Projects must include at least one partner from one of the participating countries of the EUREKA Network in Photonics. These countries are:
Total eligible project costs per project are expected to be between EUR 750,000 and 2 million. This includes costs from all partners, from the UK and all other countries.
Your project can last up to 3 years and is expected to start between January 2020 and June 2020. The start date is dependent on the national funding procedures of the countries involved in the selected projects.
To lead a project as a UK based organisation you must:
- be a business, of any size
- involve at least one UK based micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- collaborate with at least one organisation from a EUREKA Network in Photonics country, which must be a separate non-linked legal entity to the UK partners
- follow the full process correctly
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.
Back to all funds