Fund Name: Eurostars
Project Length: 36 months
Project Value: up to €360,000
Eurostars is a European funding programme dedicated to supporting R&D performing SMEs in innovative R&D projects. With its market-led approach, it encourages international collaborative research and innovation projects that will be rapidly commercialised.
- Undertake a project lead by an SME in a time frame of up to 36 months.
- Projects need to reach commercialisation within 2 years post-project.
- All projects must focus on collaboration, be market-oriented, and be bottom-up.
- The lead partner must do at least 51% of the work and claim at least 51% of total project costs.
- Each project must have at least one lead and one partner for a total of two companies collaborating.
- Partners in the project must do tangible amounts of work as this will need to be justified within the budget and project plan.
- The project leader is an R&D-performing SME
- The project contains at least two legal entities that are independent of one another
- The budget (excluding subcontracting) of the R&D-performing SME(s) located in Eurostars Participating state(s) or Partner Country(ies) is equal to at least 50.00% of the total project budget
- No single entity is responsible for more than 75.00 % of the project budget
- The project meets the EUREKA criteria and must have a civilian purpose
- Each of the participating organisations in the consortium is a legal entity in the host country
- None of the participating organisations have convictions for fraudulent behaviour, other financial irregularities or illegal business practices
- None of the participating organisations have been declared bankrupt or are in the process of being declared bankrupt