Horizon 2020 – Fast Track to Innovation
Fund Name: Fast Track to Innovation
Project Length: No more than 3 years
Project Value: Up to €3m per action
Fast Track to Innovation targets relatively mature, ground-breaking new technologies, concepts, processes and business models that need final development to be able to shape a new market and achieve wider deployment.
If your proposal involves technological innovation, your consortium should declare that the technology or the technologies concerned are at least at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 6. The intention will be to bring the TRL up to 8 for technological innovations and to an analogous level of maturity for non-technological innovations during the lifetime of the FTI action.
FTI supports actions undertaking innovation from the demonstration stage through to market uptake, including activities such as piloting, test-beds, systems validation in real-world working conditions, validation of business models, pre-normative research, and standard-setting.
FTI actions are encouraged to be interdisciplinary, cutting across different sector and technologies. Actions supporting innovative concepts that have the potential to disrupt or to create new markets are particularly welcome.
The time to initial market take-up should be no more than 3 years from the start of your FTI action.
- Participation by industry essential (defined as private-for-profit organisations). 60% of overall budget to come from industry
- Participation of 3 to no more than 5 different legal entities, independent of each other in a consortium
- Universities and technology organisations can also participate
- Actors with an important role in commercialisation are encouraged to take part (i.e. cluster organisations, end-users, industry associations, investors etc).
- Must be listed in Annex A ‘list of countries eligible for funding’
Get in touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds