i4i Connect Fund
Fund Name: i4i Connect
Project Length: 6-12 Months
Project Value: between £50,000-£150,000
i4i Connect is aimed at small-to-medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in need of a funding boost to reach the next stage in the development pathway. Eligible SMEs may comprise developers of medical devices, in vitro diagnostics and digital health technologies with direct patient benefits, looking to ultimately integrate into the NHS.
The funding stream aims to help SMEs get to a point where they can apply for further funding, in particular for an i4i Product Development Award. It also aims to de-risk projects at any stage of the translational research and development pathway to support follow-on investment.
i4i Connect is researcher-led and does not specify topics for research.
Lead applicants to i4i Connect must be from an SME. The funding stream offers between £50,000-£150,000 over a 6-12 month period.
The i4i Connect, Call 4, Stage 1 round launches on 19 August 2020 and the deadline is on 16 September 2020 (1 pm BST).
i4i Connect will support:
- Research and development of medical devices, active implantable devices and in vitro diagnostic devices as defined by the relevant EU directives, across all areas of existing or emerging healthcare needs.
- Product or technology development required to enable a technology for clinical use, which may include manufacturing, intellectual property protection, freedom to operate and market analysis or business case development.
- Research and development of techniques or technologies from a different industry sector that could have a potential impact if applied in a healthcare setting.
- Feasibility studies, if a technology from a sector other than health is being developed.
- Studies to provide data relating to safety and effectiveness of a device, including first-in-man and pivotal studies.
- Health economic analyses and clinical utility studies looking at a device’s real-life implementation and use.
- Research to support CE mark applications and other regulatory requirements, including any associated safety trials.
- Activities associated with the adoption of new technology.
- Training associated with the implementation of new technology.
This funding stream will not support:
- Animal studies or work on animal tissues. If animal studies are required as part of the project, we expect applicants to seek parallel funding to cover such studies.
- Basic research.
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds