Immersive Technology Investment Accelerator: phase 2, SME projects
Fund Name: Immersive Technology Investment Accelerator
Project Length: Up to 1 year
Project Value: Share of up to £2m
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will award up to £2 million from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund’s Audience of the Future programme. This is for immersive technology research and development (R&D) projects.
Your project must deliver innovation in one or more of the following areas:
- the creation and capture of future value from the production of immersive content, intellectual property (IP) or experiences through the adoption and implementation of immersive technology
- the development of tools, products, platforms or services for the creation, delivery or distribution of immersive content
- the development of new software, hardware and/or development methodology that will enable immersive content to be created faster, more efficiently or in new ways
The aim of the investment accelerator is to fund innovative high-risk projects and invest in companies that have potential for growth. Innovate UK will achieve this by working closely with their investor partners. Innovate UK will assess applications using the standard Innovate UK assessment process, while the investors will use their own assessment techniques.
Both Innovate UK and the investor partner must identify a project as fundable before we can offer a grant. For the investor, this means taking the project forward to the ‘heads of terms’ stage with the applicant by 30 September 2019.
Learn about our investor partners, their interest in immersive technology and the value they can add to your business. We encourage you to contact the investor partners you are interested in before submitting your application to discuss whether they wish to invest in your company. Read each investor partner description to help you decide which is right for your project.
To apply you must:
- be a UK-based micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) working with immersive technology, this can include spin-out companies
- carry out your R&D project activity in the UK
- intend to commercially exploit the results in or from the UK
- apply as a single company, as collaborations are not permitted
Eligible SMEs can be:
- producing immersive content
- delivering new immersive products, software and services
- developing new immersive platforms, hardware or devices
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds