Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerators (IEEA) Phase 2
Fund Name: Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerators Phase 2
Project Value: £150k- £1m
The Carbon Trust has launched an Industrial Energy Efficiency Accelerator (IEEA), funded by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). The programme is open to projects from all UK industry sectors that can demonstrate either a novel technology (targeting Technology Readiness Level 5-8), or the use of an established technology in a novel way.
A total of £9.2m in funding is available through the programme, primarily for funding demonstration projects1. Successful applicants should expect to receive between 40-60% of required funding for their project, with IEEA contributions typically between £150,000 and £1,000,000 per project – the remainder to be provided by the applicant. There is scope for a small number of exceptional projects to receive more than £1,000,000.
To be successful, your application must clearly demonstrate:
- Strong energy and CO2 savings potential
- A scalable industrial application with commercial potential
- Ability to deliver against the project plan
- Value for money
Please note that your technology must be ready to be trialled in a demonstration when you apply.
The Carbon Trust can advise you on whether your idea is within the programme scope. Some considerations include:
- The project must be targeted at the UK industrial sector
- Demonstrations must take place on UK industrial sites, although technologies to be demonstrated may come from any market
- Process intelligence / smart optimisation systems are encouraged
- The IEEA competition is open to the private sector and universities, but not the public sector on-site renewables and buildings-related energy efficiency solutions are not in scope
- Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) is not in scope
- The utilities sector (both energy and water provision) is not in scope
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds