ISCF Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Challenge feasibility studies for demonstrators
Fund Name: ISCF smart sustainable plastic packaging: feasibility studies for demonstrators
Project Length: Up to 3 months
Project Value: Between £25k and £50k
The aim of this competition is to support the development of proposals for demonstrator projects. Your project must showcase close-to-market solutions that go beyond the current state-of-the-art and deliver a more circular economy for plastic packaging.
Your project must deliver on the following SSPP Challenge objectives:
- Unlock a significant overall increase in research and innovation (R&I) spend (government and industry).
- Deliver R&I to support more sustainable plastic packaging in line with the UK Plastics Pact targets.
- Increase UK plastic packaging supply chain collaboration.
Innovate UK welcome projects across materials, design, technology or process, business model or behaviour change
You must explain how you are innovating to contribute to the UK meeting one or more of the UK Plastics Pact targets:
1. 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable or compostable.
2. 70% of plastic packaging recycled or composted.
3. 30% average recycled content across all plastic packaging.
4. Take actions to eliminate problematic or unnecessary single-use packaging items through redesign, innovation or alternative (reuse) delivery models.
Projects must start by 1 June 2020 and end by 31 August 2020. They can last up to 3 months.
Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £25,000 and £50,000.
To lead a project or work alone your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
If an RTO is the lead it must collaborate with one other business of any size.
Academic institutions cannot lead.
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds