Manufacturing made smarter: digital supply chain, feasibility studies
Fund Name: Manufacturing made smarter
Project Length: Up to 6 months
Project Value: £250k-£500k
Your project must help UK manufacturing supply chains to develop digital technologies to become more efficient, productive, flexible, resilient. These must encourage the use of digital approaches to better integrate and optimise the performance of supply chains.
Your project must develop a supply chain integration or optimisation idea and design a project to test the concepts. It must focus on a digital application.
Your project must investigate one or more problems that your specific supply chain is experiencing and develop ideas for digital technology solutions to address these problems. For example:
- real-time tracking of products throughout the supply chain using digital technologies such as low-cost sensors, NFC (near field communication), real-time data capture and data analytics
- improved track and trace capabilities may help companies optimise inventory management and/or establish clear and accurate
- demand signals to help them eliminate waste.
Your project must carry out a feasibility study that researches into and develops innovative digital solutions in UK manufacturing supply chains, focussing either on supply chain design or supply chain execution, comprising any one of the following:
- improve and optimise existing supply chain networks
- re-design or re-engineer existing supply chain networks
- design new supply chain networks both for new products and processes
Your project must be across a supply chain, not just focused within one organisation or within one supplier.
Your project must:
- have total eligible costs between £250,000 and £500,000
- start by 1 April 2021
- last up to 6 months
To lead a project your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- collaborate with other UK registered businesses, academic institutions, charities, public sector organisations or research and
- technology organisations (RTO)
- involve at least one SME
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
Get in touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds