Manufacturing made smarter: round 1 (fast start)
Fund Name: Manufacturing made smarter
Project Length: 6 months- 2 years
Project Value: from £250k to £10m
The aim of this competition is to fund projects focussed on the use of industrial digital technologies (IDTs) to transform the productivity and agility of UK manufacturing. Projects must be able to achieve short-term impact and rapid technology development.
Innovate UK is looking to fund a portfolio of projects, across a variety of technologies, markets, technological maturities and research categories. Projects should involve a mix of digital technologies, rather than focus on one specific technology.
Projects can be led by any industry sector but must show they are applicable in at least 2 other sectors. Larger projects should include partners from these sectors.
Applicable sectors include but are not limited to:
- equipment and instrumentation
- food and drink
- oil and gas
You should outline:
- how the project enables innovation and deployment of IDTs within manufacturing
- how the output and learning from the project will be shared across at least 2 other sectors
- how the project addresses the objectives below
Projects must focus on at least one of the 4 innovation themes. You should choose the most applicable theme.
1. Smart connected factory, including:
- use of real-time data to optimise operational efficiency
- capture, analysis and visualisation of manufacturing processes
2. Connected and versatile supply chain, including:
- information integration, communication, traceability and trust
3. Design, make, test, including:
- transforming product design through digital technologies
- virtual product testing, verification and validation, quality monitoring and inspection
4. Adaptable, flexible manufacturing operations and skills, including:
- culture change and skills development to fully utilise technologies
- human-centric automation and autonomy to enable expandable, flexible manufacturing systems
Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £250,000 and £10 million.
To lead a project your organisation must:
- be a UK based manufacturing business of any size
- collaborate with other businesses, research and technology organisation (RTO), public sector organisations or charities
- involve at least one SME
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
You must start your project on or before 1 December 2019 and end by 31 October 2021. They can last between 6 months and 2 years.
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds