Medicines and Diagnostics Manufacturing Transformation Fund
Fund Name: Medicines and Diagnostics Manufacturing Transformation Fund:
Project Length: There is no upper limit on the size of projects
Project Value: Total eligible costs are no lower than £8m
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is launching the Medicines and Diagnostics Manufacturing Transformation Fund (MDMTF) to support businesses in bringing their prospective manufacturing investments to the UK. The fund will provide capital grant funding for investments related to the manufacture of human medicines, medical diagnostics, and MedTech products.
BEIS are particularly interested in providing support to projects which create economic opportunities and will manufacture products that contribute to the building of the UK’s health resilience as well as projects which use innovative technologies and approaches to drive up productivity and/or lessen the impact of production on the environment.
You will be asked to confirm that grant funding applied for is only sought for eligible costs, this could include:
- capital equipment which can include the cost of purchase and installation but not the cost of maintenance or those related to staff costs
- costs related to the construction of a new facility or adaptations to an existing facility
- commercial-scale manufacturing
- pilot plants
During the application process you will be asked to confirm that you are either a manufacturer of:
- human medicines – small molecules, biologics (including vaccines), and advanced therapies, but excludes the manufacture blood-derived products, veterinary medicines, herbal medicines, nutritional supplements, or vitamins
- medical diagnostics – for both disease identification and monitoring in human health
- MedTech – all types of medical devices related to human health
During the application process, you will be asked to confirm that your total eligible costs are no lower than £8m.
There is no upper limit on the size of projects that apply into the fund. Companies can submit more than one application, but these must be for clearly distinct investments.
During the application process, you will be required to confirm that you are:
- a private sector business making investments in the UK – as opposed to fully or partly state-owned
- proposing a project that is a single company investment – as opposed to a project using a partnership model between companies or other types of organisations
- a product developer, a contract/development manufacturing organisation, or a generics manufacturer
The fund is not open to supply chain companies such as:
- manufacturers of input materials used in the production of Medicines, Medical Diagnostics, or MedTech products
- equipment suppliers to a Medicines, Medical Diagnostics or MedTech company
The fund also cannot support:
- salaries or consumables
- R&D related to product development
- training costs
- costs associated with the completion of the grant application