The Sustainable Innovation Fund: round 1 (temporary framework)
Fund Name: The Sustainable Innovation Fund: round 1 (temporary framework)
Project Length: 3-9 months
Project Value: Between £100k and £500k
Innovate UK expect all projects to consider COVID-19 recovery in a way that has a positive impact on climate change and/or environmental sustainability, and you should explain how this will be achieved, maintained and measured.
Your proposal must show evidence of key challenges as a direct consequence of COVID-19, and how your project can help solve them.
In addition, Innovate UK expect your proposal to ensure that any recovery, growth and opportunity is clean and sustainable.
Your project can also focus on
- decarbonisation, circular economy and/or biodiversity
- climate change and environmental sustainability
- geographic or regionally-targeted innovation
- innovation that is aimed at commercial or residential users
- innovations that work across more than one sector
- follow-on international opportunities that help the UK lead the world
Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £100,000 and £500,000. Each organisation working alone or in a collaboration can claim a maximum of £175,000. This amount cannot exceed their cumulative aid total of €800,000 if they have received other funding as part of the Covid-19 Temporary Framework.
Projects must be ready to start by 1 October 2020. They can last between 3 and 9 months.
This competition is round 1 of a potential 3.
- Round 1 – Temporary framework (this competition)
- Round 2 – De Minimis (opening July 2020)
- Round 3 – Temporary Framework (opening September 2020)
To lead a project or work alone your organisation must:
- be a UK registered business of any size
- involve at least one SME
- carry out its project work in the UK
- be able to carry out project work under the current restrictions of COVID-19
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
Get in touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.
Back to all funds