UK and Canada: enhancing industrial productivity
Fund Name: UK and Canada: enhancing industrial productivity
Project Length: Up to 2 years
Project Value: Up to £1m
This competition provides innovative research and development (R&D) grant funding for projects aimed at enhancing industrial productivity. You must focus on one of these 2 themes:
- Enabling technologies.
- Enhanced productivity.
Your proposal must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing and/or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- a strong and deliverable business plan that addresses market potential and needs
- a team, business arrangement or working structure with the necessary skills and experience to run the project successfully and complete on time
- awareness of the main risks the project will face (including contractor or equipment failure) with realistic management, mitigation and impact minimisation plans for each
- sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- good value for money
- a clear, evidence-based plan to deliver economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- considerable potential to positively impact both the UK and the Canadian economy
- the benefit to participants from the 2 countries working together
These are collaborative R&D projects to demonstrate artificial intelligence for design as applied to advanced manufacturing or food production. These projects must use AI to accelerate the design of materials, devices or processes.
Your project can cover:
- AI for design
- AI for supply chains
- applying AI and vision systems
These are collaborative R&D projects addressing global competitiveness by improving or adding to products service or process delivery. This can include enabling technologies such as Internet of Things, blockchain and cybersecurity.
Enhanced productivity projects de-risk and integrate technologies into operationally ready pre-commercial solutions. These must address an identified business need in the area of advanced manufacturing and/or food production. While solutions that include AI or machine learning are welcome under this theme, this is not mandatory.
To lead a project in theme 1, enabling technologies, you must be one of the following, and involve the other 3 as collaborators:
- a UK micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME) with fewer than 250 employees
- a UK research and technology organization (RTO)
- a researcher from the National Research Council of Canada
- a Canadian business with fewer than 500 employees, RTO or academic research organisation
To lead a project in theme 2, enhanced productivity, you must be one of the following, and involve the other as a collaborator:
- a UK SME with fewer than 250 employees
- a Canadian SME with fewer than 500 employees
Collaborations under theme 1 or 2 can also include additional UK registered businesses of any size or UK universities.
Your organisation cannot work alone.
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds