Innovate UK SMART GrantPosted 24th Apr 2019
SMART is Innovate UK’s flagship fund. UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £20 million per call to deliver game-changing or disruptive innovations with significant potential for impact on the UK economy.
The latest SMART grant round of funding has been released with a deadline for the 24th of July and has also increased to a share of up to £25 million.
All proposals must be business focused, rather than pure research. Applications can come from any area of technology (including arts, design, media or creative industries), science or engineering and be applied to any part of the economy.
To lead a project, you must:
- be a UK based business of any size or a research and technology organisation (RTO)
- carry out your R&D project activity in the UK
- intend to commercially exploit the project results from the UK
- be an SME if you want to work alone
- include at least one SME if you want to collaborate with others (businesses, research organisations and/or charities)
Funding amounts range from £50k to £500k (single applicant), or £50k to £2 million (collaborative application).Back to all posts