The Health & Life Science Sector
Health & Life Sciences encompass companies in the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, biomedical technologies, life systems technologies, nutraceuticals, and cosmeceuticals, with outputs including precision medicine, advanced therapies, and improved food quality and sustainability.
The UK Life Science sector generates 74bn in revenue annually and employs 250k people approx. The UK leads Europe in terms of foreign direct investment into this sector.
With over £2bn of public funding investment in health and life science research via Research Councils and the National Institute for Health Research Programme, UK funders are keen to ensure UK companies remain at the forefront of global health and life science industries.
Grant Funding Priorities
UK and EU grant funders are interested to support projects that:
- Healthy Ageing and closing the health & wellness gap
- Health at work and designing for age-friendly spaces
- Transforming care and closing the care and quality gap
- Digital Health Technologies
- Advanced Therapies (cell and gene therapies)
- Developing Precision Medicine
- Vaccine Innovation
- Medicines discovery and preclinical innovation
- Improving commercially viable manufacturing processes for the reliable and robust scale-up of production of novel medicines
- Adoption of data-driven precision approaches to improve productivity and sustainability
- Increase yield of active ingredient
- Lower cost of production and goods
- Increase agricultural productivity
- Improve food quality and sustainability
Working with Granted Consultancy
At Granted Consultancy we have supported companies developing leading technologies and processes, including Ignite Data a company that develops advanced data management solutions for clinical research.
Whether you are a start-up or a large company, Granted have a long history of writing grant applications for innovative organisations. Our dedication to supporting exciting businesses in unlocking their goals, means we strive to stay up to date with the latest developments across a number of industries and apply this knowledge with our expertise in crafting compelling funding applications.
If you have an innovative business in this sector and want to explore the potential for grant funding, we would like to support you in unlocking your goals.
To understand how we work, please see our services page.