The Health & Life Science Sector
The UK is the third largest market for medical technology in Europe, generating £56bn annually, and leading Europe in terms of foreign direct investment into this sector.
Health & Life Sciences encompass companies in the fields of biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, biomedical technologies, life systems technologies, nutraceuticals, and cosmeceuticals, with outputs including precision medicine, advanced therapies, and improved food quality and sustainability.
With over £2bn of public funding investment in health and life science research via Research Councils and the National Institute for Health Research Programme, UK funders are keen to ensure UK companies remain at the forefront of global health and life science industries.
Grant Funding Priorities
UK and EU grant funders are interested to support projects that:
- Improve Health and close the health & wellness gap
- Transform care and close the care and quality gap
- Control costs and enable change, and closing the finance gap
- Improve commercially viable manufacturing processes methods for the reliable and robust scale-up of production of novel medicine
- Increase yield of active ingredient
- Lower cost of production and goods
- Increase agricultural productivity
- Improve food quality and sustainability
- Develop advanced therapies (cell and gene therapies)
- Develop precision medicine
- Explore medicines discovery
- Involve preclinical technologies
- Involve advanced biosciences
Working with Granted
At Granted we have supported companies developing leading technologies and processes, including Orchard Therapeutics a biotechnology company,
Whether you are a start-up or a large company, Granted have a long history of writing grant applications for innovative organisations. Our dedication to supporting exciting businesses in unlocking their goals, means we strive to stay up to date with the latest developments across a number of industries and apply this knowledge with our expertise in crafting compelling funding applications.
If you have an innovative business in this sector and want to explore the potential for grant funding, we would like to support you in unlocking your goals.
To understand how we work, please see our services page.