The Tech Sector
The UK is a world-leader in technology development, widely considered Europe’s leading country for global technology investment – £3bn has been invested through venture capital investment into the UK’s technology sector. In addition, the UK has the highest number of initial public offerings (IPOs) and more tech ‘unicorns’ created than anywhere else in Europe.
The technology sector underpins all sectors from financial services and high-value manufacturing to retail and agriculture. As a result, many of these sectors have specific ‘Tech’ industries, including FinTech, BioTech, EdTech, AgriTech, and CleanTech.
The technology sector is often the most attractive destination in any economy, due to its transformative effects on society, high-wealth job creation and ability to revolutionise the world we live in. This is no different for grant funders, with multi-millions invested in stimulating the development of innovative technology solutions.
Grant Funding Priorities
UK and EU grant funders are looking for:
- Game-changing, disruptive and innovative idea
- Novel new products, processes or services that are significantly ahead of others in the field
- Strong and deliverable business plan that addresses market potential and needs
- Team with the necessary skills and experience to run and complete the project successfully and on time
- Realistic management, mitigation and impact minimisation risk plans for the R&D project
- Sound, practical financial plans, and timelines that represent good value for money
- Clear, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible following project completion
Working with Granted
Granted have supported a number of highly ambitious technology innovators in securing significant funding that has catalysed further development, including Paybase a London based FinTech set to revolutionise the industry through a complete end-to-end eMoney payments solution.
Whether you are a start-up or a large company, Granted have a long history of writing grant applications for innovative organisations. Our dedication to supporting exciting businesses in unlocking their goals, means we strive to stay up to date with the latest developments across a number of industries and apply this knowledge with our expertise in crafting compelling funding applications.
If you have an innovative business in this sector and want to explore the potential for grant funding, we would like to support you in unlocking your goals.
To understand how we work, please see our services page.