Salary: £25,000-£30,000 based on experience
Competitive commission structure
Position: Full Time 35 hours a week
Location: Hybrid working with Granted’s HQ in Exeter
Progression: Technical specialism and/or management progression opportunities for the right candidate
We are looking for someone that holds a deep understanding of the sales process, from lead generation to closing sales. In this role you will get the chance to talk to some of the most exciting and innovative companies in the UK and beyond. We are looking for someone with understanding of how to actively seek, close and complete imperative data entry for sales opportunities to support the whole Granted team to meet and exceed its ambitious growth targets. Strong interpersonal skills and a keen eye for detail will see you go far in the role and as part of this rapidly growing company.
At Granted Consultancy, we secure the power of non-dilutive funding for innovative organisations that are motivated to drive business, people and the world forwards.
Founded in 2010, we have created a team of experts and partners that understand the technicalities of a project and are dedicated to the task at hand. We know what it takes to be successful, securing funding, such as grants or R&D tax credits, and then guiding, advising and supporting you throughout the journey. Working with us provides our clients the freedom to focus on their innovation and to fulfil their full potential.
We have undergone significant growth over the last few years, and have sizeable ambitions to become the leading provider of non-dilutive support, making a positive impact on the world around us.
We are looking for someone who…
- Has a hustler attitude, does not wait for things to happen but makes them happen
- Has eyes like a hawk when it comes to attention to detail
- The ability to talk to anyone in a friendly and professional manner
- Can think on their feet and use sales negotiation techniques
- Is comfortable adapting to change or situations that seem out of their comfort zone
- Can comfortably work to sales targets
- Is kind and has a good sense of humour, why come to work if it’s not fun?
Your main responsibilities will be…
- Managing both Granted’s existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities through active client recruitment.
- Identifying and contacting decision-makers, qualifying potential opportunities, selecting the clientele in line with Granted strategies, and liaising with the consultants to ensure effective client handover.
- Formulating NDAs, proposals and presentations for new business clients – attention to detail is key for this section of the role.
- With guidance from the Business Development Manager, negotiate terms and convert proposals to sales after conducting value analysis.
- Demonstrating professional and appropriate objection handling.
Other responsibilities will be…
- Creating and nurturing business opportunities and partnerships.
- Remaining up to date on existing and potential grant funds.
- Identifying trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets.
- Working closely with the marketing team to successfully convert incoming leads and generate new leads.
- Representing Granted at Industry events; engage in networking and develop B2B partnerships.
- Preparing weekly/monthly/quarterly reports.
- Updating CRM data consistently and accurately.
Preferably you will have experience in…
- Sales Skills and Qualifications
- Successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, aligned with customer-focussed consultative sales experience
- Work experience with sales techniques, with a preference for scientific/technical experience
- Experience with CRM systems (Zoho)
- Organised and able to prioritise tasks and workload
- Ability to deliver presentations
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve targets / KPIs
- A good telephone manner and attention to detail are imperative
What we offer…
- Salary: £25,000-£30,000 based on experience OTE up to £42,500
- Competitive commission structure
- Position: Full Time 35 hours a week
- Location: Hybrid working with Granted’s HQ in Exeter
- Holiday: 20 days annual holiday plus public holidays, plus an additional 1 day off for your birthday and no holiday used towards Christmas break
- Tech: Laptop provided
- Reporting to: Sales Manager (Joe)
- Support: Spectrum Life, 24/7 access to unlimited mental health and wellbeing supports, including a personal Mental Health Coach and open-ended therapy, at the touch of a button
Get in touch today, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org