Your collaborative research and development (R&D) proposal must demonstrate:
- A clear game-changing or disruptive innovative idea leading to new products, processes or services
- A strong and deliverable business plan that addresses (and documents) market potential and needs
- Sound, practical financial plans and timelines
- Good value for money, which will always be a consideration in Innovate UK funding decisions
- A clear, evidence-based plan to deliver significant economic impact, return on investment (ROI) and growth through commercialisation, as soon as possible after project completion
- Clear, considerable potential to significantly benefit the UK economy and/or national productivity
- The benefit of participants from the countries working together and how this adds value
- A clear definition of where intellectual property (IP) can be used and shared between the participants and countries
- A clear route to market within 2 years of project completion or the commencement of clinical trials if applicable
To apply, you must fulfil seven eligibility criteria:
- Your consortium is led by an innovative SME from a Eurostars country.
- Your consortium includes at least two independent entities.
- Your consortium includes entities from at least two Eurostars countries, the entities concerned must be independent from each other.
- The budget of the SME(s) from a Eurostars country, excluding subcontracting, is 50% or more of the total project cost.
- No single participant or country is responsible for more than 70% of the project budget.
- The project duration is 36 months or less.
- The project has an exclusively civilian purpose.
UK registered SME’s can apply for a total grant of up to 360,000 euros for each eligible UK project partner or 60% of total eligible project costs, whichever is the least. Projects must be collaborative. In the UK, only UK registered research-performing SMEs are eligible for funding. More than one UK SME can be involved in each project. Each of the UK research-performing SMEs must meet one of these conditions:
- Invest 10% or more of their turnover into research
- Have 10% of their full-time equivalent staff working on research activities
- Have 5 or more full-time staff working on research activities if the SME has 100 or fewer employees
- Have 10 or more full-time staff working on research activities if the SME has more than 100 employees
Innovate UK will not fund any other types of organisations, including academic institutions, including universities, research and technology organisations (RTOs), charities, large businesses. These organisations can take part but must self-fund or use funds from other sources.
Talk to us today if you would like to apply for this opportunity.