Commercialising quantum devices: innovation R&D
Fund Name: Commercialising quantum devices: innovation R&D
Project Length: Up to 29 months
Project Value: Share of £20M
The aim of this competition is to advance the commercialisation of quantum technologies in the UK. Innovate UK will invest £20 million in innovation projects to develop prototype quantum technology devices that address one or more important industrial challenges:
- Situational awareness: situational awareness during transportation in highly hazardous conditions such as darkness, fog or dust, to enhance safety.
- Infrastructure productivity: increased productivity in the deployment, improvement or maintenance of the built environment and critical national infrastructure.
- Seeing the invisible: identification and understanding of features and states in critical areas (medical, environmental, security) which are impossible to access by conventional means.
- Trusted peer-to-peer communication: complete and long term trust in the secure peer-to-peer transfer of data and information, for example across smart cities and environments.
The aim of this competition is to deliver working prototype ‘second generation’ quantum devices or systems that fulfil the technical and ergonomic requirements of end users. ‘Second generation’ means they use the generation or coherent control and manipulation of quantum states, resulting in superposition and entanglement. This allows them to do things that would be impossible with ‘non-quantum’ means. This definition also includes single photon generation or detection devices.
For feasibility studies and industrial research projects, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- up to 70% if you are a small business
- up to 60% if you are a medium-sized business
- up to 50% if you are a large business
For experimental development projects which are nearer to market, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- up to 45% if you are a small business
- up to 35% if you are a medium-sized business
- up to 25% if you are a large business
If you think that you might be eligible for any of these funds, please contact us – we’re happy to discuss your eligibility over the phone or email. Please call 01392 427860 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to all funds