APC 12: advancing the UK’s low carbon automotive capability
Fund Name: advancing the UK's low carbon automotive capability
Project Length: 18-42 months
Project Value: £20m of match funding
APC 12 is seeking proposals for collaborative R&D projects that demonstrate the development of on-vehicle technologies for on or off-road vehicles. These must either accelerate the development of low and zero tailpipe emission capable technologies or demonstrate significant changes in the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions.
APC is particularly looking for projects that support the UK’s long-term supply chain and associated capabilities, in the design, build and manufacture of low and zero tailpipe-emission capable vehicles.
This includes technologies such as:
- power electronics
- alternative propulsion systems
Your project must support the growth of these technologies, creating more jobs and capability throughout the UK supply chain.
Your application must have a proven technology idea that will be both technically viable and production ready at the end of the project. You must show:
- a clear route to market and have a consortium able to deliver this
- the economic benefits of the project, such as new and safeguarded jobs, new business activity, or an expansion of products and services
- that the primary application of the project is for the automotive industry
- how the project will support upskilling and knowledge sharing in the UK
- that the project delivers impacts that would not be achieved in business as usual
- what would happen to the project if funding is not successful and why the specific amount of funding is needed
- how UK plc will benefit from any intellectual property generated by the project
- that you will demonstrate the majority of the technologies in a system or major subsystem in a vehicle representative environment
Your project’s total eligible costs must be 50% match funded and between £5 million and £40 million. Projects can last between 18 and 42 months.
To lead a project you must:
- have an active business base in the UK
- be a grant recipient
- involve at least one micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- include, as part of your consortium, a vehicle manufacturer or tier 1 supplier who supplies parts directly to an original equipment manufacturer
- collaborate with others
To collaborate on a project you must:
- be a UK based business, academic organisation, or research and technology organisation (RTO)
- carry out your project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- work in collaboration with other businesses or research organisations
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds