Business Basics 2 – SME productivity (business led trials)
Fund Name: SME productivity (business led trials)
Project Length: Up to 12 months
Project Value: A share of up to £2m
The Business Basics Fund aims to test innovative ways of encouraging SMEs to adopt existing technologies and business practices that boost productivity.
Your proposal must relate to the actions SMEs can take to become more productive by:
- adopting tried-and-tested technologies, accountancy, CRM or HR software or payment systems
- adopting modern business practices
- improving their use of such tried and tested technologies and management practices already active within the business
- or a combination of the above
If your proposal is successful you will need to complete and register a trial protocol before the trial starts.
Your project must also:
- demonstrate the potential to be effectively scaled up
- be innovative
- meet the time and cost requirements of the competition
- comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You can apply for up to £400,000 in grant funding to run a trial.
Projects must start by 1 September 2019, end by 31 September 2020 and last up to 12 months. Evaluation of the longer-term impact may continue after the end of the project.
Lead applicants can work alone, or in collaboration with other organisations.
To lead a project or work alone you must:
- be a UK based business of any size
- claim funding
We welcome projects involving diverse organisations.
To be a funded collaborator you must:
- be a UK based business, academic organisation, charity, not for profit company, public sector organisation or research and technology organisation (RTO)
- have a legal entity
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds