Fisheries and Food Scheme
Fund Name: Fisheries and Food Scheme
Project Length: 8-week turnaround
Project Value: Up to 80% of project costs
The Fisheries and Seafood Scheme will provide financial assistance for projects that support sustainable growth in the catching, processing and aquaculture sectors, and enhance the marine environment. The scheme is available to applicants whose businesses and/or vessels are registered in England.
The scheme will provide funding for a range of projects that deliver the following seven strategic priorities:
- Promoting a sustainable sector for future generations;
- Protecting the marine environment, by reducing the environmental impacts of the sector;
- Delivering world class science and innovation;
- Supporting coastal communities to promote economic growth and social inclusion;
- Supporting the reform of stock and quota management to ensure a balance between fishing opportunities and capacity;
- Enhancing the value chain through marketing and processing, opening the potential for English businesses home and abroad;
- Developing industry infrastructure which is essential to supporting sustainable growth across the whole sector.
Not all areas of the scheme will always be open for support. Some areas will be opened later and for a defined period, through a funding round.
To be eligible for this scheme you must be one of the following:
- An individual or business engaged within commercial/recreational sea fishing, aquaculture or processing
- A public body/local authority in a local community that has a focus on fishing/aquaculture activities (including trust ports and local authority ports, and public bodies, using funds for environmental improvements/management of fisheries)
- A university or research institute
- A new entrant to the industry or unemployed individual that could benefit from knowledge/skills in fishing/aquaculture activities.
If you are a business, you will need to declare whether you fall into the category of micro-entities, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) or larger enterprises. You may wish to submit an ‘expression of interest’ form to see if a project is eligible before completing an application form or responding to a funding round.
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds