Industrial Heat Recovery Support Programme
Fund Name: Industrial Heat Recovery Support Programme
Project Length: The programme runs until March 2022
Project Value: Share of £18m
The Industrial Heat Recovery Support (IHRS) programme is designed to encourage and support investment in heat recovery technologies. This means helping businesses of any size to identify and invest in opportunities for recovering and reusing heat that would otherwise be wasted.
To take part in the programme, you can apply for a grant which will partially fund your proposed project. Your proposal must align with the programme objectives, which are to:
- increase industry confidence to invest in technologies to recover heat from industrial processes
- increase deployment of such technologies in England and Wales
Funding (from a total pot of £18 million) is allocated through a competitive process. Scoring criteria is provided in the programme guidance documents.
The programme is split into 2 phases:
- Phase 1: conceptualise and define the areas where your business could reuse waste heat; assess costs and benefits
- Phase 2: the delivery stage: detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning, operation start-up and monitoring and evaluation
Projects can be funded from 3 different entry points:
- feasibility study and preliminary engineering (Phase 1); or
- preliminary engineering only (for applicants who have already undertaken a feasibility study independent of the IHRS) (Phase 1); or
- detailed design and delivery (Phase 2)
All grant funding will be provided in line with state aid rules.
For Phase 1 Feasibility Study and Preliminary Engineering and Phase 2 Detailed Design projects:
- For Small Enterprise – maximum of 70% and shall not exceed £450,000
- For Medium Enterprise – maximum of 60% and shall not exceed £450,000
For Phase 2 Construction, Commissioning, Operation Start-up and Monitoring and Evaluation projects:
- For Small Enterprise – maximum of 50% and shall not exceed £1.5 million
- For Medium Enterprise – maximum of 40% and shall not exceed £1.5 million
All activities implemented under the programme must be completed before March 2022.
Get In Touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds