SBRI: improve firefighters’ operations and safety with digital technology
Fund Name: improve firefighters’ operations and safety with digital technology
Project Length: Up to 3 months
Project Value: Share of £1.25m
The aim of the competition is to accurately monitor and track a firefighting crew’s location in real time. This is to improve situation awareness and safety.
The solution must:
- be instantly deployable at unfamiliar locations
- operate on a self-contained mobile secure local network
- provide real-time, horizontal and vertical location (such as in a specific room on a specific floor) and tracking data
- allow seamless location data sharing across multiple agencies, local and remote software platforms
- present real-time data in 3D with augmented or holographic technology
The necessary technology mostly exists already, but a co-ordinated approach is needed to develop a holistic solution.
must be a feasibility study. This should result in a technical and commercial specification and detailed design package for a complete tracking solution. Projects should last up to 3 months. They can range in size up to a total cost of £50,000 including VAT. The total funding available is up to £250,000, including VAT.
must be a working prototype meeting the specifications of the challenge. This should present a clear route to market and sector affordability. Projects should last up to 12 months. They can range in size up to a total cost of £500,000, including VAT. The total funding available is up to £1 million, including VAT.
In phase 1 the supplier will work closely with the stakeholders to develop a solution. The outcome of this project will be a prototype of the solution.
Innovate UK expect projects to range in size up to total costs of £50,000, including VAT, for each organisation. Projects must start by 15 February 2019 and can last up to 3 months.
To lead a project, you can:
- be an organisation of any size
- work alone or with others from business, the research base or the third sector as subcontractors
Get in touch
If you think that you might be eligible for this fund, please Get In Touch by filling out the contact form below.Back to all funds